The 3rd International Street Lighting & Smart Controls Conference, with the theme “Smart Lighting for Smart Cities”, will be held on 14 - 17 March 2017 at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Brisbane, Queensland, AUSTRALIA. The Conference is being hosted by the Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia (IPWEA).
All stakeholders in the rapidly-evolving world of street lighting and smart controls are invited to participate as a conference delegate, sponsor or exhibitor. The conference will explore the exciting opportunities emerging from LED lighting and intelligent controls.
Why you should participate in this conference:
This third international conference will build upon the very successful and award winning Road Lighting 2014 and 2015 conferences in New Zealand organised by Strategic Lighting Partners (SLP) Ltd who are the co-organisers with IPWEA the proven leader in conferences and training for the public infrastructure sector. Fifty percent of all attendees of the 2014 and 2015 conferences responded to surveys and gave an average overall satisfaction rating of 9 out of 10.
There’s no disputing that LED lighting and smart controls can save councils and their ratepayers many millions of dollars over the lifetime of the street lights. What’s not so clear is how cash-strapped councils can implement this game-changing technology. The 3rd International Street Lighting and Smart Controls Conference will show how Australia and New Zealand can achieve these economic, energy and environmental savings and at the same time increase community safety, reduce road crashes and improve the liveability of our cities and towns. It will address the latest international and local developments and future trends that, as a stakeholder, you need to know about.
Why you should not miss it:
- It will be the largest conference exclusively about street lighting and smart controls ever held in Australia with more than 12 international experts – an “international tour without the expense”
- Presenters will be by invitation only of the organisers, who are also knowledge experts and have been advisers to many local, state and federal/national government organisations in Australia and New Zealand
- Integrates with the SLSC Programme, which is supported by the Australian Government’s Department of the Environment and Energy, major industry leaders and peak industry organisations
Expected Conference topics:
- SLSC Programme progress to date and early deliverables
- benchmarking world best practice in LED and smart controls
- LED and smart controls design and technology pathways
- applying smart city controls
- challenges and opportunities for electricity distribution utilities
- the changing standards and regulation landscape
- innovative procurement and project management
- financial analysis and risk management
- safer cities for drivers and pedestrians
- environmental and ecological impacts
- human health impacts
- optional Technical Tour, Policy Workshop and Master Class on the day after the conference
(Friday 17 March 2017)