The Street Lighting and Smart Controls (SLSC) Programme is fundamentally reliant upon the support of two important groups of programme partners, the SLSC Council and the Technical Advisory Group (TAG).
The SLSC Council is an advisory panel to IPWEA.
It comprises representatives of:
- IPWEA - Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia
- Australian Government, Department of the Environment and Energy (E3)
- ALGA - Australian Local Government Association (peak local government association)
- ENA - Energy Networks Australia (energy network peak body)
- LCA - Lighting Council of Australia (major street lighting luminaire suppliers)
- Luminaire and smart controls suppliers together with the Programme’s specialist technical advisers
The role of the Council is to provide high-level advice to the CEO of IPWEA on the SLSC Programme. This guides and supports the SLSC Programme in undertaking an integrated package of projects and activities to overcome or alleviate the major impediments to widespread adoption of modern LED street lighting technologies and smart controls throughout Australia and New Zealand.
View its adopted Terms of Reference.
The TAG is a larger group of other SLSC specialist stakeholders – luminaire and smart control suppliers, service providers, industry bodies, regional bodies and leading councils – that support the SLSC Programme by providing technical and commercial input to SLSC publications, tools and training.
The TAG acts as the primary body reviewing technical documents and outputs of the SLSC Programme before they are released to industry. IPWEA may seek further TAG members from respected organisations in different sector categories that have demonstrated high levels of technical knowledge in street lighting, smart controls and smart city issues.
Download SLSC Council and TAG logos